As of 24 August 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminarily confirmed 111 new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection.
2. 24 of the cases are linked to the North Coast Lodge cluster. The testing operations at the dormitory have completed, and only 12 test results are pending.In all, more than 5,300 residents were swabbed over the past 3 days.
3. Of the remaining 87 cases, 24 are linked to previous cases, and have already been placed on quarantine. 30 are linked to previous cases and were detected through surveillance. 33 are currently unlinked. Amongst the cases are 4 seniors above 70 years who are unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated, and are at risk of serious illness.
4. In addition, there are 5 imported cases, who have already been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. 4 were detected upon arrival in Singapore, while 1 developed the illness during SHN or isolation.
5. In total, there are 116 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.
6. We are still working through the details of the cases, and further updates will be shared via the MOH press release that will be issued tonight.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
24 AUGUST 2021