Mr Tay Choon Hong will be appointed as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Health Promotion Board (HPB) from 1 July 2022. He will take over from Mr Koh Peng Keng, the Interim CEO of HPB, who will continue in his role as Chief Operating Officer. Mr Tay has been serving as a board member of HPB since 1 April 2018.
2. Mr Tay Choon Hong is currently Senior Director (Youth) at the Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth (MCCY) and Deputy Chief Executive of the National Youth Council (NYC).
3. As Senior Director (Youth), MCCY, he drove major workstreams under the SG Youth Action Plan to implement national civic participation programmes, and stewarded youth-related whole-of-government efforts along the main domains of jobs and future of work, and environmental sustainability. He co-headed the communication, partnerships and engagement track of the inter-agency taskforce on mental health and wellbeing. Mr Tay also co-led the planning and execution of Conversations on Women’s Development, partnering various agencies and sector organisations and reaching out to 6,000 Singaporeans on their views and insights, which informed the policy reviews and recommendations of the White Paper on Singapore Women’s Development.
4. In his role as Deputy Chief Executive, NYC, Mr Tay led the conceptualisation of the Youth Action Challenge, a developmental programme for youths to turn their ideas into concrete projects for positive societal change. He also led the Somerset Belt Masterplan project which included the formation of governance structures and partnership communities, development and implementation of Realise Your Somerset Project and Participatory Budgeting initiatives, as well as formulated further plans to guide upcoming placemaking and infrastructure works.
5. Prior to his appointments in MCCY and NYC, Mr Tay had held various key positions, including Director (Transformation Office) and Director (Moments of Life – Families) at the Public Service Division, as well as Director (Policy & Planning) and Director (Marriage & Parenthood Policy) at the National Population and Talent Division, Prime Minister’s Office. Mr Tay graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Economics and Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University, as well as a Master of Science in Management from Stanford University.
6. The Ministry of Health and Health Promotion Board wish to extend a warm welcome to Mr Tay Choon Hong as the new CEO of HPB.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HEALTH PROMOTION BOARD