From 25 October 2022, the Ministry of Health (MOH) will extend the rollout of the bivalent Moderna/Spikevax COVID-19 vaccine to healthcare workers in the public and private sector. This is to protect and support our healthcare workers who are at higher risk of exposure to COVID-19.
2. Eligible healthcare workers aged 18 and above, who have achieved minimum protection (i.e. at least 3 doses of mRNA vaccine/Nuvaxovid or 4 doses of Sinovac-CoronaVac), and who had received their last vaccine dose more than five months ago, are recommended to receive an additional dose of the bivalent vaccine. They may walk in to any of our nine Joint Testing and Vaccination Centres (JTVCs) offering the Moderna/Spikevax vaccines to get themselves vaccinated. To locate the nearest JTVC offering the bivalent vaccine and its operating hours, please refer to www.gowhere.gov.sg/vaccine.
3. All healthcare workers will need to produce a valid staff pass carrying their name and the cluster/institution logo for identification at the JTVC. Those without passes may produce a memo bearing the company/organisation’s letterhead or official stamp as proof. Please refer to the Annex for details.
4. Separate arrangements may be made by the respective healthcare institutions to provide in-house vaccination to facilitate those who are not able to visit the JTVCs due to work exigencies.
5. This follows the initial rollout of the bivalent vaccine on 14 October to persons who have yet to achieve minimum protection, or those aged 50 years and above who have received their last vaccine dose more than five months ago. As of 20 October, over 28,000 individuals have either booked an appointment for or have received the Moderna/Spikevax vaccine.
6. Vaccination remains our primary defence against severe illness due to COVID-19, and we encourage all eligible persons to take the bivalent vaccine when they are able to do so.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
21 OCTOBER 2022