The Ministry of Health (MOH) had earlier announced on 24 March 2022 plans to reduce the number of paediatric Vaccination Centres (VCs) from 12 to two, as most of the 5 to 11-year-olds would have completed their primary vaccination series. Hence, 10 paediatric VCs will cease operations on 30 April 2022. With the closures, two paediatric VCs at Hougang Community Club and Senja-Cashew Community Club will remain in operation.
2. MOH will progressively onboard selected Public Health Preparedness Clinics and Polyclinics to provide paediatric vaccine doses to children who have yet to receive their primary vaccination series. Further details on this will be announced later.
3. Since the extension of the National Vaccination Programme to include children aged 5 to 11, we have seen good uptake of vaccinations among this age group. As of 3 April 2022, 79% of these children have either booked an appointment for or received their first dose, while 66% have received their second dose.
4. Among the students in our primary schools, 85% have received at least their first dose, while 74% have received both doses. In addition, about 33,000 children born in 2016 and 2017 have registered on MOH’s National Appointment System. More than 30,000 have received at least their first dose, while about 23,000 have received their second dose.
5. The following paediatric VCs will have their last day of operations on 30 April 2022:
· Arena@Our Tampines Hub
· Clementi Community Centre
· Former Hong Kah Secondary School
· Jalan Besar Community Club
· Marine Parade Community Club
· Nee Soon East Community Club
· Pasir Ris Elias Community Club
· The Serangoon Community Club
· Toa Payoh West Community Club
· Woodlands Galaxy Community Club
6. These VCs will accept appointments made via the National Appointment System for paediatric Dose 1 appointments up to 9 April 2022 and paediatric Dose 2 until 30 April 2022. Parents/guardians who wish to walk in for their child/ward’s Dose 1 appointments at any of the 10 VCs should also do so by 9 April 2022.
7. We urge parents/guardians to take full advantage of the capacity and good geographical spread of our VCs while they are still in operation over the coming month. Vaccinations remain a critical part of our strategy in ensuring our children are well protected against severe illness should they be infected with COVID-19. The list of vaccination centres can be found at www.vaccine.gov.sg/locations-vcs.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
EARLY CHILDHOOD DEVELOPMENT AGENCY
5 APRIL 2022
 For more information: https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/easing-of-community-smms-and-border-measures