853 general practitioner (GP) clinics will be open at various times during the Chinese New Year public holidays from 21 January to 24 January 2023. Amongst these, 592 selected Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPCs) will be available to provide COVID-19 swabs.
2. The public may access the latest list of GP clinics and their operating hours through:
- The Ministry of Health’s (MOH) corporate website;
- The Agency for Integrated Care’s (AIC) website;
- Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS) webpage; and
- flu.gowhere.gov.sg for the list of PHPCs.
3. All 10 Joint Testing and Vaccination Centres (JTVCs) across the island will operate from 9.00am to 1.00pm on 21 January. The JTVCs will be closed from 22 January to 24 January.
4. We encourage members of the public, including children, who feel unwell during the festive period to visit their GP or a 24-hour clinic for minor conditions. Those who develop symptoms of acute respiratory infection (such as cough, sore throat and runny nose) as well as fever and loss of taste or smell, are strongly encouraged to wear a mask and refrain from visiting. Symptomatic individuals are encouraged to visit a PHPC if consultation is required.
5. Members of the public should first call the clinics to confirm the availability and timing of services, particularly for COVID-19 testing and vaccinations, and make appointments as needed before heading to the clinics.
6. Individuals cared for by telemedicine providers, such as those on the Home Recovery Programme, will continue to have access to these services.
7. We advise the public to seek medical treatment at a hospital’s Accident & Emergency (A&E) department only for serious or life-threatening emergencies, such as chest pain, breathlessness, and uncontrollable bleeding. To ensure that the 995 Emergency Medical Services is able to provide swift conveyance for those with emergency conditions, we advise individuals who are not experiencing life-threatening emergencies to refrain from calling 995.
8. We seek everyone’s continued effort and cooperation to exercise social responsibility. Test yourself regularly and follow the prevailing health protocols (www.covid.gov.sg) if you test positive.
9. MOH wishes everyone a happy Chinese New Year and a healthy year ahead. We would also like to take this opportunity to remind the public to eat in moderation and continue exercising regularly to stay healthy over the holiday period.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
20 JANUARY 2023
Information is accurate as of 20 January 2023. Please contact the GP clinics to check that they are open before visiting.
| List of 24-Hour GP Clinics
List of GP Clinics Open on Specific Dates
| List of GP Clinics Open According to Region