In collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) has launched a site at Parry Avenue for sale by public tender for a private assisted living development. The pilot development will expand the range of housing-cum-care options to better cater to seniors’ diverse lifestyles, preferences, and housing needs.
Pilot private assisted living development
2. The Government has introduced public assisted living developments (i.e. Community Care Apartments) to better support seniors to live independently within the community. These HDB developments integrate senior-friendly housing with care services which can be scaled according to seniors’ changing care needs. The aim is to offer seniors a living environment that enables independence and creates deliberate opportunities for social bonding. The first public assisted living flats were launched in Bukit Batok in Feb 2021.
3. The Government is now releasing this site at Parry Avenue for a private assisted living development. Interested tenderers are invited to submit proposals of innovative assisted living models that can provide a range of services (e.g. active ageing activities, housekeeping, regular care assessments) that support seniors’ changing needs.
4. The land parcel is located within Rosyth Estate. The site offers a conducive environment for seniors to live independently within an established residential neighbourhood. The development will include a neighbourhood park and is located near dining and shopping amenities, such as Serangoon North Neighbourhood Centre and Heartland Mall.
5. Details of the land parcel can be found in AnnexA. Information on the vision and key service elements for the development can be found in AnnexB, and the location plan is in AnnexC.
Details of tender
6. A Concept & Price Revenue tender will be adopted to evaluate the tender submissions, to ensure that the selected concept proposal is aligned with the vision for the private assisted living development.
7. Under this system, tenderers are required to submit their concept proposals and tender prices separately. The concept proposals will first be evaluated against a set of criteria specified in the tender, which includes suitability and innovativeness of the proposed model of care, as well as quality of the proposed care programmes and services. Only concept proposals that are shortlisted will proceed to the second stage of evaluation, which will be based on price only. The site will then be awarded to the tenderer with the highest bid price among the shortlisted concept proposals.
8. The tender will close at 12 noon on 21 March 2023.
9. More details of the site are available on the URA website at https://www.ura.gov.sg/sitesfortender. eDeveloper’s Packets containing details and conditions of tender of the land parcel are available for sale at https://digitalservice.ura.gov.sg/one-stop-developer-portal.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
URBAN REDEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY
29 SEPTEMBER 2022