13th Jan 2021
The Ministry of Health (MOH) has, on 10 December 2020, served a notice of intended termination on Resilient Healthcare Group Pte Ltd, for the intended termination of Jesselton Dental Centre1 from the Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS). The termination will take effect from 16 January 2021.
2. Audits on Jesselton Dental Centre conducted in late 2018 to 2019 revealed severe non-compliances, including numerous improper claims for CHAS subsidies with no proper supporting documentation and claims that exceeded the allowed limit.
3. MOH was informed on 27 April 2020 that the ownership and licensee of Jesselton Dental Centre had been transferred from Resilient Healthcare Group Pte Ltd to Alliance Management Group Pte Ltd. This cessation of Resilient Healthcare Group Pte Ltd as the licensee, coupled with the extent of Jesselton Dental Centre’s non-compliance, made the termination of the clinic from CHAS necessary. MOH will continue to investigate the clinic even with the change in ownership.
4. The termination from CHAS means that Jesselton Dental Centre will no longer be allowed to make claims for CHAS subsidies on behalf of its patients. Affected patients may wish to visit other nearby CHAS accredited dental clinics instead. Jesselton Dental Centre, which is now under the new ownership of Alliance Management Group Pte Ltd, will however be allowed to continue treating patients as long as its dentists hold valid registration and practising certificates from the Singapore Dental Council. We have received a new application for CHAS accreditation from Alliance Management Group Pte Ltd and will assess the application accordingly.
5. MOH encourages patients to actively engage their doctors and dentists if they have any queries on their bills. CHAS, Pioneer Generation and Merdeka Generation cardholders who wish to check on claims for CHAS subsidies made on their behalf, may do so by logging into the “MY CHAS” module on the CHAS website (www.chas.sg) or by calling the CHAS hotline (1800-275-2427).
6. If they come across any suspicious or unusual claims for CHAS subsidies made on their behalf, they may contact MOH at 1800-225-4122 or send their feedback to MOH_QSM@moh.gov.sg. MOH also reminds healthcare professionals to uphold a high standard of professionalism and to adhere to their Ethical Code and Ethical Guidelines.
7. MOH takes a serious view of such errant practices and will not hesitate to take enforcement actions where required, including referral of the errant healthcare professionals to their respective professional boards.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
13 JANUARY 2021
1 9 Scotts Road, #06-05 Pacific Plaza, Singapore 228210