The Ministry of Health (MOH) has, on 5 August 2021, served a notice of intended termination on Rafflesia Dental Pte Ltd, for the intended termination of Rafflesia Dental Surgery from the Community Health Assist Scheme (CHAS). The termination will take effect from 28 August 2021.
2. Audits on Rafflesia Dental Surgery (100 Jalan Sultan #01-04A Sultan Plaza) conducted in late 2020 revealed severe non-compliances, including numerous improper claims for CHAS subsidies with no proper supporting documentation and overclaims.
3. The termination from CHAS means that Rafflesia Dental Surgery will no longer be allowed to make claims for CHAS subsidies on behalf of its patients. Affected patients may wish to visit other nearby CHAS accredited dental clinics instead.
4. MOH encourages patients to actively engage their doctors and dentists if they have any queries on their bills. CHAS, Pioneer Generation and Merdeka Generation cardholders who wish to check on claims for CHAS subsidies made on their behalf, may do so by logging into the “MY CHAS” module on the CHAS website (www.chas.sg) or by calling the CHAS hotline (1800-275-2427).
5. If they come across any suspicious or unusual claims for CHAS subsidies made on their behalf, they may contact MOH at 1800-225-4122 or send their feedback to MOH_QSM@moh.gov.sg. MOH also reminds healthcare professionals to uphold a high standard of professionalism and to adhere to their Ethical Code and Ethical Guidelines.
6. MOH takes a serious view of such errant practices and will not hesitate to take enforcement actions where required, including referral of the errant healthcare professionals to their respective professional boards. We have referred this case to the Police for further investigation.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
25 AUGUST 2021
 Claims reflecting a higher subsidy amount in the claims system than in the receipts