Summary of local situation
· 1,698 cases are currently warded in hospital. 308 cases require oxygen supplementation and 42 are in the intensive care unit (ICU).
· Over the last 28 days, of the 56,755 infected individuals, 98.5% had no or mild symptoms, 1.2% required oxygen supplementation, 0.1% required ICU care, and 0.2% has died.
· As of 10 October 2021, 83% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 85% has received at least one dose.
· As of 11 October 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 2,263 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, with 1,949 in the community, 306 in the migrant worker dormitories and 8 imported cases.
Due to the 12pm cut-off for reporting of COVID-19 cases for the day, most cases in today’s case count were tested over the weekend, when there are typically fewer swabs done at Public Health Preparedness Clinics (PHPCs) and polyclinics.
1. Over the last 28 days, 98.5% of local infected cases were asymptomatic or had mild symptoms, 1.2% required oxygen supplementation, and 0.1% had been in the ICU. Amongst those who required oxygen supplementation and ICU, 49.3% were fully vaccinated and 50.7% were unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated.
Figure 1: Local Cases in the Last 28 Days by Severity of Condition1
2. 10 more cases have passed away from complications due to COVID-19 infection.2 Of these, 7 were male Singaporeans/Permanent Residents and 3 were female Singaporeans, aged between 73 and 93 years. Amongst them, 4 had been unvaccinated against COVID-19, 3 had been partially vaccinated and 3 had been vaccinated. All of them had various underlying medical conditions.
3. Amongst those who have passed away over the last 28 days, 28.7% were fully vaccinated and 71.3% were unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated.
Figure 2: Deaths and Active Cases in ICU, Requiring Oxygen Supplementation or Hospitalised, by Age Groups
4. As of 11 October 2021, 12pm, amongst all COVID-19 community cases who have been onboarded or admitted, 16,001 (76.7%) cases are undergoing Home Recovery. 2,818 (13.5%) cases are in Community Care Facilities, 342 (1.6%) cases are in COVID-19 Treatment Facilities, and 1,698 (8.1%) COVID-19 patients are currently warded in hospital, mostly for observation. 308 require oxygen supplementation, and 42 are in the ICU.
Figure 3: Breakdown of Number of Active Cases in Hospital, COVID-19 Treatment Facilities, Community Care Facilities, and Home Recovery Programme in the Last 7 Days
5. As of 10 October 2021, 83% of our population has completed their full regimen/ received two doses of COVID-19 vaccines, and 85% has received at least one dose.
6. We have administered a total of 9,457,764 doses of COVID-19 vaccines under the national vaccination programme (Pfizer-BioNTech Comirnaty and Moderna). In total, 4,603,882 individuals have received at least one dose of vaccine under the national vaccination programme, and 4,543,625 individuals having completed the full vaccination regimen. In addition, 213,178 doses of other vaccines recognised in the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL) have been administered, covering 112,664 individuals.
7. To date, we have invited about 730,000 eligible individuals to receive their booster doses. 438,493 individuals have received their booster shots and another 125,000 have booked their appointments.
8. There are no new cases linked to large clusters today.
Summary of trends for local cases
9. As of 11 October 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health has detected a total of 2,263 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore, comprising 1,949 community cases, 306 dormitory residents cases and 8 imported cases. Amongst the local cases today are 388 seniors who are above 60 years. Due to the 12pm cut-off for reporting of COVID-19 cases for the day, most cases in today’s case count were tested over the weekend, when there are typically fewer swabs done at PHPCs and polyclinics.
Figure 5: Number of Community Cases by Age
Figure 6: Number of Dormitory Cases by Age
10. Please refer to MOH’s daily Situation Report (www.moh.gov.sg/covid-19/situation-report) for details.
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
11 OCTOBER 2021
1 Includes only new cases reported in the past 28 days. Based on cases’ worst-ever condition; deceased cases previously in ICU are counted under ‘Deceased’ and not under ‘Ever in Intensive Care Unit’.
2 Cases 74760, 78350, 80166, 97871, 98649, 120530, 120780, 122928, 123571 and 132058.