1. As of 2 September 2021, 12pm, the Ministry of Health (MOH) has preliminarily confirmed 187 new cases of locally transmitted COVID-19 infection.
2. 56 are linked to previous cases, and have already been placed on quarantine. 18 are linked to previous cases and were detected through surveillance. 113 are currently unlinked. Amongst the cases are 3 seniors above 70 years who are unvaccinated/ partially vaccinated, and are at risk of serious illness.
3. In addition, there are 4 imported cases, who have already been placed on Stay-Home Notice (SHN) or isolated upon arrival in Singapore. 1 was detected upon arrival in Singapore, while 2 developed the illness during SHN or isolation.
4. In total, there are 191 new cases of COVID-19 infection in Singapore today.
5. We are still working through the details of the cases, and further updates will be shared via the MOH press release that will be issued tonight.